Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Week One: Free Dan

Free The Fan is a reality! What started as a little idea will now come to life. I left the security of my career behind for what I believe is a far more rewarding and courageous endeavor. Bottom Line: No more working for the man. Thanks to that little idea and some good people that trust in me as much as my opinions, we are off to the races to launch September 15th, 2006.

This is my first week as an unabashed entrepreneur. I am slinging emails from my luxurious home office. Getting used to it slowly but surely. Overall its an unbelievable opportunity. I am immersed in branding, site layout, design, guerilla marketing efforts and tailoring events for sponsorship opportunities. I could probably work 20 hours a day but then I wouldn't be working as smart as I could be. So I am trying to prioritize, delegate and push on. The clock feels like it ticks louder now but with that sound comes the greatest challenge I've ever faced.

I'm ready and willing.

No comments: