Thursday, June 01, 2006

Wrong Number

This morning as I copied and pasted html code into my new blog I got a call from a collegue. The unbelievable happened and I was immediately at a loss for words. Today I was told my friend Ryan Bennett, MMA and Boxing Broadcaster had died tragically in a car accident. As I write this, I am further saddened to reflect upon the brief time I knew a truly good human being. Ryan carried himself with integrity, he treated everyone with respect and without even trying he left a smile or a laugh with those he came into contact with. Tragedy carries many questions especially when it takes one of the good ones. Yet it also reminds us to do what Ryan did so effortlessly. My grief is insignificant compared to those who were closest to Ryan but I feel that mine is derived from the lost opportunity that Ryan represents. His influence that was so positive, his demeanor so easy. I am blessed to have known Ryan and in this time I am truly made aware of the impression he made upon me and I'm sure many others. I know that he would want us to share the same joy, subtle smirks and happy times with one another. Life is so precious. Sometimes as we learn about the people around us we begin to understand ourselves. I know that I don't want the opportunity to laugh, listen and love to pass by.

No comments: