Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Process

After a few months of writing, research and tweaking I finished my business plan. On May 1st the company officially became a registered LLC. What started out as a cool idea was quickly becoming a legitimate and marketable service. On the last weekend of May I flew to New York to meet with potential investors. Their initial impression was positive, they really thought the idea had legs. The potential of a partnership was obvious. I went after investors that would serve to immediately provide much more than a financial resource given that they currently run a tech company and are stacked with expertise and technical resources. After 3 hours the meeting ended. When it was all over I think we all left with high aspiration. The guys said that they would discuss what their stake would be for their key investment of capital and resources, and then get back to me. I left the conversation reeling! It was one of those feelings of disbelief but your mind speeds through potential realities so fast you can't even keep up with the combinations of day dreamed outcomes. I ran through a to-do list replacing priorities over and over. I was getting ahead of myself but after all of the work it was worth it to dream for a little bit. That night, I laid looking at the ceiling recalling the days events until almost 3AM. I am ready for the challenge - I feel like I have waited for this my whole life.

No comments: